Charitable giving is the very heart and mission of Western Sun Foundation and through our Charitable Giving Program we are able to award grants to selected 501(c)3 organizations and make a direct impact in the communities we visit by providing support, awareness & visibility to local organizations and causes. Grants are funded through a variety of fundraising activities.
Organizational Eligibility Requirements:
- Focus that falls into one of the following areas of focus:
- Music education
- Music therapy
- Safety, health and personal wellbeing of women and children
- Climate action and environmental sustainability
- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Community Based Organization
- Classified as a small-mid sized organization with an operating budget less than $1,000,000
- Must not have been a recipient of a Western Sun Foundation grant in the past two years
Preferred Organizational Characteristics:
- Target children, youth
- Target underserved population
- Same jurisdiction/vicinity of a previous or upcoming Goose concerts and events
Distributions will not be provided for:
- Activities that are religious or political in nature
- Individual or Private Foundations
Contact us if there is an organization meeting the above criteria that you would like to be considered for a future grant.
Community Impact Events
WSF coordinates direct involvement and volunteer events for fans to participate in that support local organizations in the communities Goose is touring through. These events are a great way to connect, build relationships, strengthen community, provide support, give back, and having some fun while we are doing it!
Examples of community impact events include a "Flow Kit Packing Pre-Party" and sorting clothing, toys, and other essentials for children in need in Chicago.
Past Charitable Giving Campaigns & Community Impact Events
Tour and Special Event Fundraisers
Limited Edition Merchandise Fundraisers
Head over to News & Events and make sure to follow us on our socials by clicking on the icons below to stay up to date on all of the happenings!
GooseCommunity.com is an interactive virtual space for fans to explore, engage and connect all in support of WSF's mission and philanthropic efforts. Deep dive into all things Goose, connect with others in the community, explore in depth show archives and chronicle your own Goose journey with unique personal “show diaries”.
If you are enjoying GooseCommunity.com, please consider making a tax-deductible donation in support Western Sun Foundation.